Posted by Ed
Here are some random links to tide you over until I have time to write something more substantive:
- In the TLS, Susan Sontag discusses the works of Victor Serge.
- Atlantic Unbound interviews Scott Stossel (who was one of my editors back when I worked at The American Prospect) about his new biography of Sargent Shriver.
- In The New Yorker, Ben McGrath profiles Aaron Magruder (of "Boondocks" fame) and Jim Holt looks at the history of joke collections.
- In The New York Times, Edward Rothstein asks whether Stalin helped make Shostakovich's music better.
- Does "what if" history push a right-wing agenda? The Guardian discusses this question. (I got the link from Butterflies and Wheels; I may discuss the article later.)
- Gary Shteyngart muses about the Russian language in The Three Penny Review.
Posted by Ed at April 12, 2004 01:14 PM